Yellowstone & Teton National Parks
So Close You Can Feel It!
Did you know Lava Hot Springs is your Gateway to Yellowstone?
The shortest and most beautiful route from Salt Lake City to Teton and Yellowstone National Parks runs right through Lava Hot Springs! So, fly to Salt Lake, then drive to Lava (just 2.25 hrs) and stay the night at Aura Soma Lava where you can unwind and relax in soothing, natural hot spring waters!
Then, on to Teton and Yellowstone National Parks! Jackson Hole, WY and Teton Nat'l Park is just 2.5 hours from Lava Hot Springs!
Ride Linx in Yellowstone
The Ride Linx in Yellowstone bus transportation network will allow riders to purchase a $25 ticket that is good for seven boardings over two consecutive days at all Ride Linx in Yellowstone stops, which are listed below.
Linx buses will be traveling on South Loop within the Park, stopping at major visitor service areas and destinations, as well as providing visitors and those working in the Park with connections to the Park’s major entrances and gateway communities.
- Canyon (2 stops)
- Lake Area (5 stops)
- Grant Village (3 stops)
- Lewis Lake
- Old Faithful (2 stops)
- Mammoth Area (2 stops)
- West Yellowstone (West Entrance)
- Gardiner (North Entrance)
- Pahaska Tepee (East Entrance)
- Colter Bay in Grand Teton National park (South Entrance)
*Driver training for the Ride Linx in Yellowstone bus drivers is going on Thursday, July 14th. Linx expects to finalize and publish schedules, as well as an official launch date, within the next week.
- From SLC to Lava Hot Springs is 2 hours and 15 minutes: take I-15 north to exit 47 (2 hrs). Then take Hwy 30 for 11 miles (15 min).
- From Lava to Teton National Park and Jackson Hole is 2 hours and 30 minutes: take Hwy 30 to Soda Springs (25 min). Then take Pioneer Scenic Byway 34 to Freedom, Wy (1hr). Follow the signs to Alpine, WY (15 min). Then head on up to Jackson on US 26/89 (45 min).
- From Jackson Hole to Yellowstone is 2 hrs: simply head north on US 89.